Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Family Flu Bug


On Friday I had asked all my family to come over on Sunday for breakfast.  We all like breakfast, my big boys help out with the cooking and it's fun.  We frequently did it at our other house with their Pop making pancakes and great memories. 

Well, Middle Son and Middle Wife said yes and they would be at my house at 7A.M.!!  Their 2 baby boys are up very early anyway and Middle Son wanted to be back home to watch football. 1st son and 1st Wife declined because they worried they might bring unwanted germs with them since they had been battling the current nasty flu bug that is going around.  1st Son had the flu last Monday. 1st Son's young 2nd Grand had gotten sick in the middle of the night,Thursday. 1st Wife hasn't been getting much sleep lately.

Sunday morning bright and early, my grandsons were great and breakfast was good. I couldn't find my copy of a favored pancake recipe but the sons and Middle Wife all pitched in and did well. Middle Wife cooked the bacon so it wasn't "flumbery" like other people make it.  3rd & single Son baked the biscuits to go with the gravy Middle Son was supposed to make after Middle Wife made bacon and sausage. I joyfully played with my grandsons while Middle Wife, Middle Son and 3rd & Single Son laughed, talked and talked. 
 
I worked Saturday night cleaning up the toys and the patio to make it strategically safe for the little plastic car and the Big Wheel 4th Grand drives.  I made it easier to maneuver around the table, chairs and my plants. 4th Grand looked at me and calmly asked, "Grandma, do you want to play with me?"  "please?"  What could I say?  It was a bit chilly that early in the morning but we had fun.  After we played in the potting soil I keep in the big antique rustic washer barrel my dad gave me.  I set it on a plant roller so I can easily move it where I want it.  4th Grand thought that was cool too!.  The little guy was freezing and didn't want to stop till I finally said "let's go play with the new surprise I have for you!" I bought Lincoln Logs!  He said he was the "building structure" (constructor) just like his dad.  He was all proud when he looked at me eye to eye.  I was also on the floor, and asked me "well, Grandma, what is the problem here?"  Too cute.  We played for a while and 5th Grand tried to crawl and was getting frustrated staying in the same place for way too long.  He wants to stand up or he rolls across the room.  Middle Wife laid 5th Grand down in the office on the big soft chair with the computer (Pandora) music on to drown out the other noises.  He slept for about 40 minutes or so and then they left around 10:30 or so.  3rd & Single Son and I waved good bye, went in and we both took naps. I slept a couple of hours!  :)

Early Monday morning, 1st Wife text me; "3rd Grand threw up in bed last night."  He also managed to hit each of the bathrooms upstairs spewing from one end or the other.  1st Wife and I were so very relieved that they didn't come over on Sunday.  

I had planned to pick the three older grandsons up from their after school programs and feed them dinner on Tuesday evening because 1st Son and 1st Wife had a late meetings after work. But, early Tuesday morning, I received a text from 1st Wife; "2nd Grand threw up last night in his bed".  Wow!  I still planned to pick up the other two.  Then around 11am, 1st Wife was on her way to pick 3rd Grand from school to see the dentist.  Last week he had fallen at a friend's house and broke a big chunk of his front tooth right off. 1st Wife got a call from my Grand's Middle school.  1st Grand said "hi mom, can you come pick me up?  I'm sick".  Luckily one of their uncles was home to watch 1st and 2nd Grand,  so I picked up 3rd Grand by 5:30pm.  We had leftovers and a little dessert, watched TV and played a game.  I took him home around 8:30. 

I am serious!  this is true...1st Wife text me this morning, "guess who is sick this time?" 

1st Wife stayed home from work today.  She has the flu.  And she is very tired.

1 comment:

  1. I take no responsibility for bringing the bug home....wasn't me....can't prove a thing.

    ReplyDelete