Monday, November 5, 2012

Listing

Frazzled.  Frustrated. Fumbling. Forgetting.... Started to work on the pictures again.  I opened a box with old, old photos of my sisters & brothers when we were way young.  I start piling photos portraying people with smiles, beach themes, similar ages, similar looks, all kids, all family, just friends, etc.  Then I find a picture I hadn't seen in years and decide that is the one I will frame!  Set it aside.  OOPs.  Where did that pile go?  oh, there it is, next to another pile of pictures of funny faces.  Kids in the pool, at the beach, any kind of water!  I turn around and the table is covered in boxes and photos and cards.  Where did I start?  Where do I go?  I'm tired now.  Don't feel like doing this anymore.  Do I drag all these boxes back to the guest room?  Do I pile them on the floor?  Do I need to use the table?  NO.  Good.  They stay.  I'll turn off the light.  As I turn off the light I realize I have a small stack of photos in my hand....I could look in another box with the cousin or nephew or sister of the child with that adorable smile.  No.  Step away from the table.  Put the picture down.  You can do this.  Tomorrow is another day.  I dropped the pictures into a box and walked away.

Back at the desk, I find a lined piece of paper to make a list.  a new list.
What is on this list?

To do?  To stop?  rewrite the last list because?  I left it at home when I went to the store anyway.  So why do I even bother?  the ideas keep coming!

that's why!    I had a lot of great ideas today!  That's what I can list on the list!  yeah!  

Go to bed.  

tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment